Water in the basement

Old 05-15-14, 07:51 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Water in the basement

So, I know I am not the only one neither will ever be with water problems in the basement. Before buying the house we knew of the situation. The prior owners had already install a sump pump, but is extremely useless. Even though it works, none of the water in the basement go directly to the sump pump, it stays in corners and other areas, while where the sump pump is located, any water near that area as well does not travel in.

I live in CT so i have called a couple of companies (Basement Solution, American Dry Basement, CT Basement System, Budge Dry Basement, Advanced Basement). They have all given me estimates and they pretty much do it all a bit different, some use gutters, others dig 6inches deep and add a line for water to travel, others dig nearly 14 inches and add the same pipes use on the outside of the house to the inside of the basement to allow the water to travel to 2 separate sump pumps. The 2 sump pumps have being suggested by all due to have nearly 1,400 square feet of basement. I have a concrete basement with nearly 9 feet ceiling, beautiful and I want to finish it, but I am not able until this gets fix.

I live near the woods, so behind my house a slight mountain comes down to it, and almost flattens at the edge of the house. So water can travel well. My gutters travel under ground and exit at the front of the house by the drain at the road. My gutters are covers, so leave currently are not possible. They were done about 5 years ago, and prior owner have informed me that he had always had covers on them.

Does anyone have a suggestion? maybe can talk about the stated companies. the average price is $12,000 for the job.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-14, 11:35 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I wound up putting in french drains and a vapor barrier in my basement to solve my water problems. Works like a charm, but it does cost you.