crawl space makeover

Old 06-11-14, 08:38 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
crawl space makeover

I am going to be replacing the vapor barrier in my crawl space with some new vapor barrier. It seems as some area didn't have vapor barrier and in some area it looked like the dirt was pushed an pulled away from the foundation making piles of dirt. i am looking to flatten out the dirt to lay the new vapor barrier but i am concerned about what's in the dirt, mold, fungi bactiera, etc. getting into my ac\heater ducting. i have found that some people have stated they have spray the ground\soil with a product called Nisus DSV - Disinfectant Sanitizer Virucide it is suppose to kills germs; bacteria; fungi; viruses; eliminates mildew; disinfects.

I am also looking to spray all the wood in my crawl space with BORACARE with MOLD-CARE, I have some mold due to a leaking ac condensation pipe(Which is fixed now).

I have some questions questions on which order should i preform each of these steps.

Should i pray the BORACARE with MOLD-CARE first
then remove the old vapor barrier
then spray the Nisus DSV
put in new vapor barrier?

If i spay the Nisus DSV last don't i risk sending contaminants into the air and into my ac ducks?

Should remove the vapor barrier first, then spray the Nisus DSV, the BORACARE with MOLD-CARE, then lay the new vapor barrier?

Any thoughts or input would be great.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-14, 09:23 AM
Received 19 Votes on 17 Posts
I'm not at all familiar with the products you mention but wanted to ask if it is possible to exhaust some air from the crawlspace. If you depressurize the crawlspace then there should be no air leaving that space other than the fan you are running. This is the approach they use for asbestos control during removal, plus a lot of plastic.

Bud

Old 06-12-14, 07:30 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Interesting suggestion, thank you.

anyone else have any suggestions?