3 Support Poles very close to one another

Old 06-19-14, 01:07 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
3 Support Poles very close to one another

Hi All,

I'm having a bit of dilemma and hoping I get some suggestions. I have 3 support poles in the basement that are very close together. They are located close to an entrance and if I box them all up together, the entrance will become smaller then I'd like. Any ideas on how I can cover them up so as to minimize the space, and have it look good.

Thanks

Old 06-19-14, 02:07 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Any way you can post pictures of the columns so we can see what you are seeing? http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html

Old 06-20-14, 09:20 AM
H
Image of support poles

Here's an image of the support poles and hopefully someone has some ideasName:  support_poles.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  27.6 KB

Old 06-20-14, 01:52 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Well, they are pretty poles, but you don't show what they are supporting, nor do you show the bases. Unless there is a hot tub above there, I can't see their usefulness. HOWEVER, someone saw the need and put out good money for it.

Old 06-23-14, 10:36 AM
H
The poles are holding up I beams, so they are important, and the go straight into the basement floor. I'm just looking for suggests on how I can cover these poles up without boxing all 3 up.

Old 06-23-14, 11:23 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 403 Votes on 359 Posts
Normally you don't have that much support that close together. Without seeing/knowing what those posts support - we can't say if all 3 are needed.

I suppose you could box up each individual post [wrap them with wood]

Old 06-23-14, 07:34 PM
R
They are so close together (and agree its strange, what could they possibly be for?)... what is teh advantage to boxing them separately - do you really mean 3 boxes? I'd think teh space between said boxes would be so small and non-useful that the strange aesthetics would be worse than the small space lost by using one box.

It would help if you showed the whole space you intend to use as an entrance so we can see what is being lost by adding teh framing.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: