Basement mold remediation

Old 07-25-14, 12:48 AM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Basement mold remediation

Hello-

I recently had some flooding in my Washington DC row home basement (~800 sq ft). I've since gone through and had installed a drainage and sump pump system to ensure that the flooding does not continue to be an issue. I've also put in a couple high volume dehumidifiers to keep the moisture content down.

However, I was a bit too late in that there was significant mold growth as a result of the flooding. Most of the moldy drywall has already been removed, however some still remains.

My sump pump system installer recommended that I get a professional mold remediation company to come and remove the rest of the mold and remediate. This company wants to charge around $8000 to remove the rest of the material, remediate (including scrubbing, HEPA vacuuming everything, and fogging), and installing a UV air purification system in the HVAC.

Are all of these steps necessary? If so, is this something I could do myself with a couple hired hands (understanding it's a decently large area)? If not, is the $8k a reasonable price?

Any advice / feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks-

Old 07-25-14, 01:51 AM
S
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
of course you can - just wear decent masks,,, we like n95's,,, you will need ( perhaps ) the opening for the fresh air exchanger pro cut but the rest of it you should be able to figure out easily enough

best

( eg, bought our 50p-per-day fridigaire dehumidifier off ebay - drain yours into your sump )

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: