Basement Concrete Foundation

Old 08-13-14, 10:49 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Basement Concrete Foundation

I was thinking about finishing my basement, built in 2007, but wasnt sure if I need to fix a foundation issue or not. I have some honeycomb like surfaces on the basement wall, its not smooth how concrete usually is. Before I dump money into fixing up my basement Name:  basement1.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  21.6 KBName:  basement2.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  28.4 KBI want to make sure this is not an issue and just cosmetic. From What I have pulled from online is that this is a consolidating issue and not a deal breaker. I just want to make sure I wont have problems in the future when my basement is finished. If anyone knows from the pics if this is OK or not please let me know!

Thanks!

Old 08-13-14, 01:11 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Who did the patch work in the first pic & why? Was there water damage?

Old 08-13-14, 02:08 PM
C
I have no idea. When I got the house it was like that. My builder went out of business after building my house. I was glad it got finished and past the county inspection. That peice is what holds the main I beam and must of happened during construction when it was settling. The county didnt say anything so i figured it was just cosmetic issue. Any ideas if what you see could lead to potential problems, specifically the bottom picture, or if its just cosmetic? Again, what I read online would point not being a big deal but wanted to see if anyone else has seen or dealt with this before.

Old 08-13-14, 06:34 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
It could have been just a bad mix. I've seen driveways that looked similar. Try to determine if there were any water damage in the past. The would be my main focus.

Old 08-19-14, 11:17 AM
S
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
we'd repair it as i posted in response to your inquiry in other forum [ emecole ],,, my vote's for dirty forms in the dimpled wall area that part's only cosmetic impo

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: