Basement Floor Resurfacing

Old 09-10-14, 03:12 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Basement Floor Resurfacing

I had a basement room that had asbestos tiles. I removed the tiles revealing the black mastic below. I used Henry's 547 floor resurfacer and then painted over with floor paint. It came out great. I am considering doing it for the rest of the basement. However, that Henry's stuff is very expensive.

Is there another way to resurface the concrete, sealing in the black mastic, and having a nice surface to paint?

Old 09-10-14, 06:51 PM
S
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
this stuff ? W.W. Henry Flooring Adhesives - Substrate Preparation ? i wasn't even aware of it - you got lucky impo but, otoh, not so good if you used paint as no paint is traffic friendly,,, let us know in a yr

Old 09-11-14, 03:51 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Its an embossing leveler, common stuff even if you weren't "aware" of it. I then used porch and floor paint which is intended for walking on.

So does anyone know of more cost effective way to seal and level the floors with a concrete based material to prepare it for painting?

Perhaps this thread is better suited for the flooring section? Please move if you feel that it is.

Old 09-12-14, 01:21 PM
S
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
i know what the label says for porch & garage floor paint,,, but then why does everyone repaint their porch & garage floor ?

friend of mine used apron/vest epoxy for his garage floor - the material that has the pretty flakes ? he says its great & he only has to do it once every year ours has been down 7yrs & i expect another 20yrs svce life - so much for labels & apron/vest stores

i never heard of ' embossing leveler ' before which is 1 reason i like these forums,,, usually learn something new,,, apron/vest store sell the stuff ? even asked our guy who installs eng wood, tile, etc floors for us - he hadn't heard the term either

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: