leak in bathroom

Old 03-21-01, 07:25 AM
Visiting Guest
Wink

When we have prolonged rain, we get water in our downstairs bathroom. This is an interior bath, and the water just appears on the floor. We thought it might be coming from the toilet and my husband replaced the wax ring last week, but it leaked again this week when it was raining. We can't figure this one out. The floor is concrete with carpet over it. There doesn't seem to be anyplace where there is a crack.
Could you help please!!!!

[Edited by Smoore on 03-21-01 at 02:32]

Old 03-21-01, 10:33 AM
Torch
Visiting Guest
I suspect that there is a crack in the floor and water is coming up through that. I assume that you have a tile floor and you actually see the water in the seams.

One thing I have done in the past is to lay single pieces of toilet paper on the floor in strategic places. When they get wet you can really tell where the water was. Sometimes it can be tricky finding the true source.

Good Luck...

Old 03-23-01, 05:06 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
If the water is there, it's always going to find a way to get in. Don't concentrate on repairing cracks. Focus on eliminating the water, through sloping the ground away from your house, making sure your gutters are working well, adding downspout extensions, etc.

Old 03-24-01, 09:39 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Before I give you my thoughts, answer this one question.
How much water do think we are talking about here. A cup full, several tablespoons full or 1/2 gallon ? This is important so try to give me your best guess. Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: