Cleaning up Basement Boiler Room

Old 12-29-14, 11:56 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cleaning up Basement Boiler Room

Hi, I am looking to clean up my basement boiler room. It as about 25x12 (one half of the house) and includes the clothes washer and dryer. Also, we like to hang the clothes from pipes on hangers to dry.

So, the room is used often. I'd like to clean it up. I have painted the concrete floor and will also paint the concrete walls.

That leaves the ceiling.

Would you paint the ceiling? Would you use a drop ceiling? Would a drop ceiling get filthy in a room with a boiler?

There is a ton of copper tubing and electrical wires running along the ceiling.
I figured if painting, I would just wrap them, and if installing a drop celing they would get concealed. Whichever ones are too low to be concealed I could move or just leave some below the ceiling--I'm not looking for perfection, just a generally cleaner look.

Any thoughts?

Old 12-30-14, 10:52 AM
F
Received 36 Votes on 28 Posts
Post a few pictures. Unless you have a hand-fired coal (or wood) fired boiler there is no reason for the boiler room to be dirty.

Old 12-30-14, 03:10 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ARGGG! -- more requests for pictures.

Sorry, I don't use a cell phone and mostly technically challenged. But, I will try because I understand how helpful it can be with certain questions.

I guess you're right. The room shouldnt be dirty. I guess it is just that it hasnt been well-maintained--needs paint, dust removed, etc.

It's just the ceiling Im not sure how to clean up.

Will work on pictures but its just a standard unfinished basement: concrete floor and walls, washer/dryer, oil tank, boiler, exposed ceiling joists.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: