Sealing off a VB liner

Old 01-15-15, 06:23 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sealing off a VB liner

I recently changed my mind about pouring a concrete floor in a small crawlspace and Im going to just laydown a piece of 40 Mil rubber shower liner I can buy at Lowes. My question now is if someone can recommend the best way to seal this against the walls if I run it up several inches. Is there a caulk or adhesive or tape I can buy locally specifically for this so I can trap the moisture under the liner? I don't know about taping this seam because 40 mil is pretty thick stuff. Thanks

Old 01-16-15, 05:31 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
We have used HVAC duct sealant successfully. I would run the liner up on the wall a foot or so if you aren't encapsulating it. Don't forget to do the same to any piers under the house. Speedi-Products 1 Gal. Water Base Duct Mastic Sealant-AC-DMS 01 - The Home Depot

Also don't forget to seal all the seams of the liner on the horizontal surface as well.

40 mil liner is a bit overkill, IMO, but wait for others to chime in on it.

Old 01-16-15, 06:37 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I appreciate the info chandler. I know the 40 mil liner is thicker than I need, but its only a 28' square crawl area and I couldint find anything else locally besides 6 mil plastic. I noticed I can buy that duct sealant in half gal containers too which is more likely what I need.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: