Basement remodel advice

Old 01-28-15, 06:41 PM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Basement remodel advice

We are looking at remodeling our basement and have gotten quotes from different contractors. I feel the quotes are high coming in around 30k for what we are wanting to do. Maybe you guys can help me out, giving me the pro's and con's of what we are dreaming of.

My drawing is pretty crude. I'll try to get some pictures as well and get those uploaded.

My first question in the bathroom/laundry area. Its approx 14'6" to the wall by stairs and foundation wall, would you make this a single room or 2 rooms?

Old 01-28-15, 07:00 PM
I
These pics are of the unfinished area we would like to turn into a bath & laundry as depicted in the grey above. This is looking straight into the room as youd be at the bottom of the stairs. Would you keep laundry and bathroom as one room or two?

Utilities in corner, build closet around them to hide them.

Drain is in the corner, we'd put a stand up shower there, leave the stool where it is and sink would stay there or move to left on the new wall we would put in -- Would you use a small vanity or try to gain counter space?

Old 01-28-15, 07:06 PM
I
Next is the living part of the room. The sliding door opens to underneath our deck and has NO view what so ever. The walk through door looks out to a large landing on our deck at ground level.
Would you move the sliding door to the walk through and fill in slider?
Would you open the stair way as much as possible to make the room feel larger?
Would you drywall the ceiling?
What kind of gas insert do you suggest? We don't need super fancy but want some supplemental heat.
Would you gut everything and rehang drywall or try to take wallpaper & wainscoating/barnboards off and retexture?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: