basement dampness

Old 05-12-15, 06:24 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
basement dampness

Hello i want to start studding my basment walls i know basments aew damp and some of them actually het water seepage. I dont or havent seen any signs of water in my basment i do have effloreance though. I did notice some damp spots on the floor where the floor meets the wall. Is that something thats normal with a house that was built in 64. Is it a a majior problem ir i can go head and install a vapor barrier or foam board. Is this bigger then im thinking where i have to dig trench around home and fix from ourside?

Old 05-12-15, 08:43 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
The year that the house was built doesn't mean as much as how high the water table is, the pitch of the land, drainage & various other things.

Old 05-13-15, 04:23 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 403 Votes on 359 Posts
You want to make sure the basement is good and dry [year round] before you close the foundation wall up with studs/drywall! Waterproofing is ALWAYS best addressed on the exterior.

Old 05-13-15, 07:30 PM
C
Thank you the basement is cold in the winter and the snow we had here i didnt get any water penatration. Today it was cool and it was cool in the basment i dont want to get get charged or over pay for a job that isnt nessary.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: