Basement Floor leaks, help please

Old 05-26-15, 06:53 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Basement Floor leaks, help please

My wife and I bought our home around 1.5 years ago and have had water issues coming from the walls and a crappy chop/patch job from the realtors contractor.

We have just foamed the walls a few weeks ago (pictured) and it has definitely done the trick. It even rained a couple times and nothing, but these past 3 days it has been raining on and off pretty good and now the cracks in the floor have seeped water/moister in. Some spots are just damp while a couple others are about half an inch of water or more.

I am not looking to finish the basement completely, yet. Though, I want to put the exercise equipment in the main area where it has been getting the most water and I will be turning a separate room down there into a studio for my drumming and music creating which will have a lot of expensive equipment at stake.

I see all of these things at the store and online that I could paint on that say it seals and locks moister out, but I guess I am making this out to be a lot worse in my head than it really is, but I'm hesitant to trust a coat of "paint" to keep years of investing safe. We all have our happy place(s)

I guess what I am asking is am I okay with just buying "over the counter" sealer-paint or is there something else I should do or even a combination of things?

Here is what I have going on so farůName:  Basement 1.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  22.1 KBName:  Basement 2.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  23.1 KBName:  Basement 3.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  19.6 KBName:  Basement 4.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  23.2 KBName:  Basement 5.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  20.8 KB

Old 05-26-15, 07:56 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
No products exist that stop water or moisture from entering. Whatever appeared to have "done the trick" was only temporary at best. Waterproofing is done from the outside. However, when the floor is involved, it's usually due to a high water table, in which case, a sump pump maybe needed.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: