Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Basements, Attics and Crawl Spaces
Reload this Page >

Question about ramset nails in basement foundation?

Question about ramset nails in basement foundation?

Old 05-27-15, 07:32 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Question about ramset nails in basement foundation?

Okay, first time posting here so I apologize if I miss anything in my post. I'm looking to fix a missing section of insulation from when the previous owners of our house took some out. The builder of the house put in the white insulation wrap in the basement that you'll see in the picture below, and the previous owners removed a section of it that's about 4ft high by 10ft wide exposing the foundation. I'd like to put insulation back, but I'm having trouble finding the type of ramset nails the builder used. The appear to be mostly plastic with a small H imprinted on the head of the nail. I've got a Powder Hammer for driving ramset nails, but if I use normal ones with the metal washer, it just goes right through the insulation (the builder drove these ones straight into the foundation as well, no tack strip). Any thoughts on what brand or model these might be? Are there better ways to put some new insulation/wrap into the gap? Thank you in advance...

Name:  IMG_20150527_195409.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  19.2 KB

Old 05-27-15, 07:34 PM
Group Moderator
Received 942 Votes on 860 Posts
They are made by Hilti.

https://www.hilti.co.uk/medias/sys_m...PC_830x515.jpg

Use a lighter load with them.

Old 05-27-15, 07:37 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You rock, thank you for the quick response!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: