Basement ceiling framing advice

Old 11-05-15, 08:06 AM
T
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Basement ceiling framing advice

I am going with a ceiling in my small basement TV area to look very similar to the attached picture, a grid trimmed ceiling with 1x4 wood strips hiding the seams of 88" long by 40" wide 1/2" drywall sheets. My question is this: how I have framed my strapping is by length wise strips of 20" apart perpecticular to the joints plus cross strapping where the short edges (40") will be fastened to, and I'd be installing the sheets on the strapping long-length wise, so I will have screws all around the edge and plus a long row of screws in the middle (20" in from edges), plus Liquid nails on all surfaces. Will this be OK in terms of no or very little sagging?
I understand the norm is 16" on center with the drywall opposite the strapping direction, but with the way I plan to hide all the sheetrock seams with the 1x4 trimwork covering, this is what I have come up with, and am hoping to save some $$ and time than adding a lot more cross strapping. I hope my descriptions are clear enough..Thank you in advance!

Attached Images  
Old 11-05-15, 08:15 AM
T
attached is a quick sketch of what I am stating..the black dots on bottom part represent the drywall screws..and the top part is the strapping on ceiling, entire ceiling has gridwork set up this way...thanks

Attached Images  
Old 11-06-15, 08:03 AM
T
Bueller.....Bueller?? Any tips or thoughts would be greatly appreciated, unless I should post this to a different category/forum here.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: