Interior Garage Walls

Old 12-12-15, 06:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interior Garage Walls

I'm wanting to paint the walls inside my single car garage and was wondering what type of paint to use. The walls already have a green type of paint on them and appear to be "sealed". I'd like to repaint over this but am unsure of what to buy for the job. The walls are cinder block.

Also, whatever paint is recommended, can it be used with my Wagner Flexio Sprayer?

Thank you!

Old 12-13-15, 05:25 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 698 Likes on 616 Posts
Do you know what type of paint is currently on the walls? http://www.doityourself.com/forum/pa...latex-oil.html

Assuming the current paint is latex it can be top coated with most any latex paint. I'm not all that familiar with homeowner type sprayers but you should be able to use it with any coating that would go on the walls although it might need to be thinned in order for a small pump to spray it. Even if you spray the paint on, you'll still need a roller to push the paint into the pores of the block. With a single car garage I'd opt to brush and roll. I don't believe there would be any time savings once you include the spray prep and clean up.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: