Laundry room, bathroom and little gym

Old 03-04-17, 11:34 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Laundry room, bathroom and little gym

Hi, I am looking for an advice on how to remodel a part of my basement. In the house we bought there was a hot tub adjoining the unfinished laundry room. I pulled out the hot tub. Now I have aprox 25'x8' space where I am planning to have finished laundry, bathroom and a little gym.
I am gathering info on how to do finished floors and walls in these rooms. As for the basement walls I incline to do 2" pink foam sheets strapped with 1x4" boards and drywall. I am not sure how to do floors. I d like to keep the cost down as the bathroom won't be used very often.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-17, 03:34 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
Welcome to the forums! You can post pictures any time that may help us see what you see. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html

The most primary thing about remodeling a basement is moisture. Do you have any? Have you performed a moisture test on the floor? Tape down about a 3' x 3' piece of clear plastic around the edges to the floor. After a day or so see if you have any condensation on the plastic. That will tell you for sure.

As far as the walls go, applying the XPS is a good start, but 1x strapping is not supportive enough for your walls. After gluing the XPS to the walls, you need to tape all the joints. Then build a wall with standard 2x4 framing lumber on a pressure treated bottom plate all around. This will give you room for further insulation if you desire and a place to run your electrical and plumbing if needed. Once you post pictures we can take a look at the bathroom as well and offer more advice.

Old 03-05-17, 12:29 PM
R
This is where hot tub used to be 8x8'. Thi wall I am facing has to go. Behind it theres a utility room 13'l x 8'w
Attachment 77902

Old 03-05-17, 07:30 PM
R
pictures

hot tub used to be here
Name:  01.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  35.4 KB
thre is a utility room behind these wooden walls
Name:  02.jpg
Views: 70