Basement Block wall refinish

Old 11-24-18, 10:37 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Basement Block wall refinish

When it comes to refinishing this destroyed basement wall, what is my best path forward? There is only water in the basement during very heavy rain. I am not finishing the basement, just want to make the walls look half decent.

Old 11-25-18, 12:17 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
There is only water in the basement during very heavy rain.

Very little information to understand what you have and what you are trying to fix but regardless you have to resolve the water issue, noting is going to get better until resolved!

Old 11-25-18, 03:52 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
Where is the water coming in at? as mentioned above you really need to correct the water issue. Pics might help us better understand what you have going on - How to insert pictures.

Old 11-25-18, 09:38 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
Step one is to stop the water coming in from the outside with gutters, downspout extensions and grading.

Old 11-25-18, 10:29 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Here are some pictures. Some of what looks like water damage is actually above ground so I am not sure if it is just moisture that has taken its toll over many years? Bought this house cheap and much has been neglected previous to me owning it.

Simply put, I want to refinish this basement wall so it looks half decent. I'd also like to insulate it but I am not sure if there are any good routes to insulate an unfinished basement that will make a noticeable difference.

Attached Images     
Old 11-26-18, 02:22 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
Stucco/mortar can be used to dress up the voids but you still need to address the water issue. I wouldn't even consider any insulation until you are convinced the wall will stay dry! A pic or three of the outside might results in some good suggestions.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: