Bermuda grass inside our house

Old 01-31-19, 03:29 PM
B
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Bermuda grass inside our house

When we hire contractors to remover drywall down to the studs on an outer wall of our house, it is not uncommon to find what I assume is Bermuda grass growing inside the wall, 3 - 4 feet long tendrils among the studs behind the dry wall. Dead looking yellow tendrils.

It is a slab foundation house, about 60 years old.

The current contractor seemed very concerned when he found a lot of the grass tendrils? Others have not been concerned.

We have mulch between the grass and the house, and a small plastic boarder around the grass. The grass is a mixture of (I forget what) but not Bermuda...but of course I sometimes lose the battle of keeping Bermuda grass out of the lawn.

Is this a problem?

Old 01-31-19, 03:59 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
It does show that there is a gap the grass can fit through. I've seen it many times on old houses and more than anything it simply shows a that nobody has been using a line trimmer along the foundation. The important thing is if they mentioned water damage or evidence of rodents.

Old 01-31-19, 05:11 PM
B
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Thanks, there was water damage but it was up at the top, below the bathroom window, that's a problem....but can't blame it on Bermuda grass down at the foundation, and no rodents droppings or other sightings.

As I said there is mulch up to the foundation...but that stupid Bermuda grass obviously works it's way through, under the mulch.....should I put some herbicide along the outside along the edge, of the foundation.....like that works ha ha...I think weeds are becoming immune to that stuff!

should I dig along the foundation and pull any Bermuda grass I see? That sounds like fun....NOT.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: