Crawlspace holes: drainage or source of water?

Old 03-14-19, 07:20 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Crawlspace holes: drainage or source of water?

Hello, I'm getting flooded in my crawlspace every few days. It creeps in, floods half the space, then goes away in a day or 2 after using an industrial fan in the area. I always thought it was from around my well pipe because I've noticed it there, but it's too much of a trickle to be the source. Then I thought it was coming in between the foundation wall and the 2nd floor of my house but it's bone dry and I'm getting water.

I noticed 3-4 holes on the cement floor about 5/8 in diameter in the vicinity of where the water seems to always be. I always thought these were drain holes but is it possible the water is coming in from there instead? Thanks in advance. I will try to post pics tonight if needed.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-19, 10:19 AM
Group Moderator
Received 187 Votes on 174 Posts
The best way to know if water is flowing in or out those holes is to look. I assume you have an idea what conditions it takes to get the water in your crawl space. The next time those conditions occur go look.

Old 03-14-19, 04:18 PM
Received 28 Votes on 24 Posts
What is the relationship, if any, between the rain and the flooding? If it floods after a rain, there is a runoff issue. If it floods after a week without rain, there is a high water table and a sump pump is required.