Basement window replacement

Old 05-15-19, 09:46 AM
Basement window replacement

Hello there new to the form and this is my first post. Im hoping someone can give me some guidance. I am attempting to replace my old 1970s steel framed basement windows. I was able to remove the frame but Im trying to figure out the best way to go about installing them. There is a gap between my homes poured concreted foundation and brick faade which also includes a gap between the windows base foundation and downward sloping sill. I want the window to sit past or on the gap but Im not sure where to secure the window and the best way to go about leveling it on its base since the sill slopes downward.

Should I fill the side gaps in with foam and mortar and attempt to set concrete anchors into that and for the base should I attempt to mold a mortar slab. I have about a clearance in terms of height between the metal lintel and base and a pretty tight fit on the sides so not much from for framing.

Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If any help this is the window I'm using the project source vinyl hopper style window 30001 from lowes. I have attached a few pics with the new frame as well.

Attached Images      
Sponsored Links