Sloping finished concrete

Old 12-10-19, 11:15 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sloping finished concrete

Hi, I have a question that I'm hoping you can assist me with. A few months ago I poured a concrete slab with pex pipe embedded for radiant heating.
So here is my dilemma. As an after thought I decided that I would like to have a wet room in my bathroom, the problem is that I need to slope the floors, but, I can't do any digging because of the pex in the floors. How can I slope for drainage without digging?
What options do I have?
Now this is a new build, so I already have PVC running under ground, and there is a square hole in the floor that I believe is for drainage purposes.
The sloping of the floor is what I am not sure about. Thanks so much for your help. Have a blessed day.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-19, 11:29 AM
Group Moderator
Received 285 Votes on 261 Posts
About all you can do is add topping mix in the areas you need to raise. Bonding will be an issue since topping won't last long if it's not properly bonded. So you will want to use an additive and / or spread a slurry just before adding the topping.

Old 12-10-19, 11:42 AM
Group Moderator
Received 299 Votes on 273 Posts
There are foam shower floor kits that rest on top of the slab/subfloor and include a slope for drainage. Read their instructions/recommendations carefully though. I'm not sure how going over a heated floor would affect them. Since this or anything else you do will be building your slab up there will be a lip or small step up (trip hazard?) at the entrance to your wet room.