Resilent Channels

Old 02-20-02, 08:05 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: usa
Posts: 49
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Resilent Channels

I have read in several previous form thread about the resilent channels to help knock down noise transmission between floors\rooms.

Where can I find this product to purchase? I have checked at the local Home Depot and they do not carry them.

Any ideas out there.. Thanks a million.

By the way this site is great...Although my couple posts may not show it, I have really learned a lot about DIY.
Old 03-01-02, 08:12 PM
crazy sounds
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
I am soon going to be soundproofing my basement and i've heard that resilient channels work very well!

I'm from Quebec and I can find them at home depot (and many other stores).

Old 03-11-02, 12:41 PM
RMX is offline
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 54
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The sound proofing "channel" you speak of is called "Resilient Channel"(RC-1, Hat
channel). I too am at the same point in my basement project. I spoke with some
builders that are familiar with sound control, and the channel is considered the
best way to isolate the drywall from the joist/studs. A very good site for info is
This page can explain things better than I can. Even has links to where you can

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: