drop ceiling

Old 07-23-02, 08:59 PM
rimon318
Visiting Guest
drop ceiling

what is the procedures to do the drop ceiling

Web Site Host Note:
Rimon. Kindly accept our apology. Errors where made. Your topic was posted in the incorrect forum topic. It was accidentially closed by the moderator of that topic during the process, which further delayed a reply to the question.

Last edited by Sharp Advice; 07-24-02 at 08:46 PM.
Old 07-26-02, 07:05 PM
BSB
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Choose the hight. check out local codes for mim " for ceiling in your type of room. Mark the highth on the wall. Install the side/wall pieces (forgot the name) use a level. Messure from ceiling joist (floor can be unlevel at times) After all side/wall parts are up find the center of the wall you are going to attach the support beams to. (the long ones, not the cross members.) you want the ceiling to be uniform and a short section on each side of the room is better then one side being short. Once you figure out center, hang the support beam. Using a level when connecting the support wire. Install the rest of the beams and then start putting in the panels. I used a string tied across the room at each point where the beams were to be placed, then marked the floor joists/ceiling beams and put up the wire hooks. put up each beam and secured with the support wire. String is much easier to work around then the beams when putting up the hooks.

Brian

Old 07-29-02, 06:53 AM
GHolmes
Visiting Guest
Armstrong (a manufacturer of the drop ceiling tiles) has a site will full instructions. Having just travelled this road, I found it interesting that although my local Home Depot had the Armstrong tiles, the suspension hardware such as the perimeter/main andcross-tees (of which they had ample supply) were made by USB or USG. This threw me off, but they worked together just fine.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: