exercise bike

Old 01-26-03, 01:39 PM
marid44
Visiting Guest
exercise bike

Can you tell me if there is a way to turn a regular 15 speed bike into an excercise bike?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-03, 04:43 PM
Woodrow
Visiting Guest
Marid,

What you could do is purchase a "Trainer". It is a device that attaches to the rear of your bicycle and elevates the rear wheel. They have some very elaborate systems and they can be pricey. You may be able to locate inexpensive ones in the major department stores. There are also “Rollers” which will allow you to ride your bicycle indoors and will give you the most realistic training. You actually balance yourself and ride on these rollers as if you are on the road. The only difference is you are not going anywhere. Very difficult at first and I would only recommend them for the real hardcore cyclist. These too are expensive. If you are looking to come up with a home built system to transform you present bicycle into a stationary trainer, then my advise to you is to look for a used stationary trainer. There are zillions of them out there, hardly used and collecting dust. You probably can get one dirt-cheap.

Regards, Woodrow

Old 01-26-03, 08:21 PM
Skaggydog
Visiting Guest
Be careful those "Rollers" don't send you through the T.V.

Search this Thread