any other hard-core mountain bikers here?

Old 05-07-03, 09:15 AM
I Are Baboon
Visiting Guest
any other hard-core mountain bikers here?

Just wondering. I've been riding cross-country for three years and I am very enthusiastic about it. The more difficult the trail, the better. Logs, rocks, streams, and stumps are a GOOD thing.

Any fellow MTBr's on this board.

(I am actually in the market for a new house, which is what brought me to this website)

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-03, 06:42 AM
I *used* to be...

... but then I bought a house! Now I have no time for it!

Actually, I have no time for it because I'm teaching my son to ride.

Welcome to DIY. What part of CT are you in? I've visited relatives there, so I'm guessing you've got some beautiful territory to ride. I never rode in CT, but I did ride in upstate NJ and NY- encountered a number of bears, even.

I rode the chainrings off that bike- gotta love a steel hardtail.

Old 05-08-03, 07:35 AM
Precision Pedal
Visiting Guest
Yes I have been riding MTB for a little over 10 years now. I cannot seem to get enough of it. I have gotten back on some BMX rigs recently and quickly discovered how long it has been since I rode those bikes.
What bike do you own, and what is the setup on it?

Old 05-08-03, 07:55 AM
I Are Baboon
Visiting Guest
Originally posted by CycleZen

Welcome to DIY. What part of CT are you in?
Thanks for the welcome!

I am in Newington, which is pretty much the dead-center of the state. There is lots of good riding in our little state. Most of the trails here are winding, technical singletracks that are buried deep in the woods. I love it.

Originally posted by Precision Pedal
Yes I have been riding MTB for a little over 10 years now. I cannot seem to get enough of it. I have gotten back on some BMX rigs recently and quickly discovered how long it has been since I rode those bikes.
What bike do you own, and what is the setup on it?
I've only been riding for three years myself. My wife actually got me into it (I am very lucky to have married an MTB junkie!!). I feel the same way you do...I can't get enough.

I currently ride a Titus Quasi Moto (I upgraded from a Rocky Mountain Spice last year). It's got mostly XT components, with a Marzocchi MXC w/ECC fork, Fox Float R rear shock, Mavic 223 rims with XT hubs, Continental Explorer 2.1 tires, Avid mechanical disks, Shimano 959 pedals. I love my bike!!!

Being a shop owner, you must have a pretty nice bike yourself.

Old 05-08-03, 07:03 PM
Precision Pedal
Visiting Guest
any other hard-core mountain bikers

I have three. A KHS Team steel hardtail with a Manitou Black Elite, Nuke Proof Hubs, Sun Rhyno Lite hoops, SRAM ESP 9.0 shifters and rear der. XT front der. Kore forged seatpost and stem Race Face low riser bar, FSA V Drive Xtreme crank etc.
Breezer Jet Stream setup old school with XT thumbies and corresponding XT parts with a Marzocchi fork.
Soil BMX FS with a mix of Hoffman and Profile parts.
Next project is a Kelly hardtail.