Tuff Wheels

Old 06-02-03, 09:12 AM
Tuff Wheels

I've got an old set of Skyway Tuff wheels on an old Mongoose and they are coaster brake. Question is can I change these to freewheel?? I used to have a set of Tuff Wheels that were free spin but sold the bike and all now I miss it

Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-03, 05:15 PM
jonathan_71730
Visiting Guest
altering rearend

sure you can ive done it alot as a kid but would have to type 4 ever to tell u exactly how to do it go to ur nearest bycycle shop depending on the bearing etc sealed/un-sealed and they will probably do it 4 u if u buy ur parts there like 40 dollars>i was grand champion for 2 years thats all we raced and yes the wheels do haVE STYLE DONT THEY -_- be carefull and g luck.

Old 06-09-03, 04:11 AM
Back in the 80's they were it. The kids now look at'm like there so cool but I think Skyway went under. I raced a Supergoose trimmed in red w/red tuffwheels.

Old 06-14-03, 09:59 AM
jonathan_71730
Visiting Guest
remembering the dayz

here's a list of the bikes i've thrashed mongoose expert,diamond back,gt bmx one of my favs at the time and my best was a kuwahara not one of the cheap ones in wall mart it cost around 1500 in 1986 but only the frame was kuw. i had prolite handle bars,hutch pedals and rims with sealed bearing,3 pc cranchshaft,and a DK neck basically the best parts u could buy i used especailly after kuwahara picked me up in 86 at the miyad convention center in oklahoma city where i took 1st place in the grand nationals and the race of champions. im thinking about riding again stay in touch."peace"

Old 06-14-03, 10:42 AM
Talk about remembering the days... What happened to the PK Ripper??

One of my sons friends just got a HARO had no idea about the history it's just a bike to him..

Old 06-15-03, 11:14 AM
jonathan_71730
Visiting Guest
Haro's and the DAYZ!

oh how could i forget a Haro though i never owned one i sure would have liked to/do you remember C & W racing bikes?and on one more note my number plate i received after the grand nationals has pistol pete's signature on it and a few others i was one of his biggest fans "he" was Haro's premier rider in the pro div. whick i think he won in 86 can't remember? -_- be good and stay in touch

Old 06-16-03, 04:41 AM
Precision Pedal
Visiting Guest
Tuff Wheels

Originally posted by mattison
Talk about remembering the days... What happened to the PK Ripper??

One of my sons friends just got a HARO had no idea about the history it's just a bike to him..
PK Ripper?
Here ya go: http://www.bmxinnovations.com/index.html

Old 06-16-03, 08:49 AM
jonathan_71730
Visiting Guest
Pk Ripper

i know they still sold them till 99 i think schwinn or S & E racing might have bought them out in 2000 but, don't quote me on that however i did forget about a bike from schwinn i had till i seen its name researching this issue. "Predator" first bike i ever owned that had a freewheel. LOL

Old 06-16-03, 09:37 AM
I have a Predator now that's where the Tuff Wheels came from it was sitting in this old mans shed where I was doing an A/C replacement and he just gave it to me. It's been painted over a couple times but in pretty good shape other than that.

Aint the PK the bike they used in E.T.

Old 06-19-03, 12:45 AM
jonathan_71730
Visiting Guest
E.T & Bmx

Dunno i got the movie will research it... LOL.

Old 06-19-03, 07:05 PM
Precision Pedal
Visiting Guest
Re: Pk Ripper

Originally posted by jonathan_71730
i know they still sold them till 99 i think schwinn or S & E racing might have bought them out in 2000 but, don't quote me on that however i did forget about a bike from schwinn i had till i seen its name researching this issue. "Predator" first bike i ever owned that had a freewheel. LOL
Joanathan,
SE Racing is owned by Fuji Cycles. Schwinn was bought out by Pacific Cycles.

Old 06-21-03, 03:11 PM
jonathan_71730
Visiting Guest
knowledge

thx's you saved me some reading"lol"

Old 07-03-03, 12:29 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Wow, you guys got me rememberin' now, lol. I had 3 chrome mongoose bmx bikes, a predator, and a diamond back during my BMX days, then I took up freestyle and used a few bikes, finally sticking with a mongoose with YO mags, oddesy barefoot tires, tioga beartraps, dia-compe brakes, kore thrashguard, and a bunch of other goodies. I just gave the bike away a few months ago. I sometimes still get the urge to get out there and ride it, but the bike was in disrepair and my bones probably aren't as flexible as they used to be, lol! I do still hop on the unicycle once in a while though.

Old 07-03-03, 04:22 AM
How many times did your shins get ripped with them nasty pedals? I know mine did alot. After seeing another bike mentioned in another post I think ET's bike was a Kuhara "or however it's spelled" I ran into an old guy the other day downtown where I work and he was riding a Schwinn Manta-Ray! All original with the little front tire the slick on the back and all. I about fell over. I tried to get him to sell it and he was like "No I think I'll hold onto it" Then he tells me he has a Sting-Ray to in original condition and he picked it up at a yardsale for $75.00 !! Where are these deals when I go to yard sales?

Old 07-03-03, 03:19 PM
jonathan_71730
Visiting Guest
diacomp and bear trap peddle's

as for Diacomp brake's"they were the best in my opinion" and i remember a many a day going oh ow sh t f ck d mn over the bear trap peddle's"just rmembering what>the good ole dayz...LOL>be good peeps

Old 07-04-03, 01:24 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
LOL...I also had a pair of Dyno shin guards just because of that. Thinking back, I think a cup would have saved me more grief than the shin guards did..haha. (sometimes I missed the seat, or hit it wrong).

Search this Thread