Replacement cables

Old 06-07-03, 04:18 AM
Replacement cables

My daughter has a huffy 15 speed mountain bike. Almost all the cables (brake and shifters) are broken. Does anyone know somewhere cheap to buy replacement cables? I gave this bike to her 4-5 years ago, and know it's not worth a whole lot, except sentimental value..
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-03, 05:01 AM
Precision Pedal
Visiting Guest
Replacement cables

Yes your local bke shop should have exactly what you need. If you need assistance with the inastallation: http://www.parktool.com/repair_help/...x.shtml#brakes

Old 06-07-03, 11:59 AM
I was hoping for a link somewhere online, as there is no local bike shop where I live..But I do appreciate the quick response!!

Old 06-08-03, 10:44 AM
Parts suppliers

If you have no LBS (local bike shop) then you'll need replacement parts: I've had good results from

www.Nashbar.com
www.Supergo.com

Have fun!

Old 06-08-03, 10:48 AM
Admin Emeritus
Hello msargent

Try searching the web. Check for both generic bicycle web sites and the specific brand web site. I am sure you will find several.

Also check the ebay web site. Your sure to find a part source online. The phone book should also contain bike retailers in areas outside your immediate area.

The only problem might be, as you stated, cheap. Cheap is a too generic a term to determine what the value of the parts are worth to you personally.

Cheap or a part cheaper than it should be may also indicate a quality not equal to the original OEM part. Quality does come at a price.

Often times the real quality for the price paid can be determined over the years of usage the part lasts in the long run...

Old 06-10-03, 05:20 PM
Precision Pedal
Visiting Guest
Replacement cables

msargent,
If you are having a bad time finding cables and housing, or just need the cables let me know. I will be happy to box up some and ship them to you.

Old 06-15-03, 05:30 AM
I appreciate all the replies and links! The bike went home with my daughter a couple days ago. There's no telling how long it'd be before I got my hands on the bike again..
Thanks for the offer!

Old 06-23-03, 02:58 PM
las
Visiting Guest
cables?

Once you get new cables/housing it will run like a clock no doubt?

Old 06-24-03, 07:32 PM
As I'm an auto mechanic, and not a bike mechanic, yes there's always doubt.. LOL!
I do greatly appreciate all the help and info!!

Old 06-24-03, 08:21 PM
las
Visiting Guest
There is a few bicycle mechanics...ask around?

There is lots of people that could have your bicycles running like a clock in no time ask around,there is I'm sure a lot of private folk that could help you?

Old 06-25-03, 06:28 PM
The bike is now in another state with my daughter.. But I live in a VERY small town, with no bike shops, and no one near enough when it was here..
Thanks for your help though!!