Adult coaster brake single speed

Old 07-20-03, 05:39 PM
las
Visiting Guest

Does anybody got a couple 22t cogs for the gear...so I can gear me bicycle down a bit,some say that the 20t is the biggest but I've heard that a 22t might be biggest,I've tried many people even Nashbar NOTHING,I'm trying to lower the gearing somewhat?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-03, 05:24 AM
CampyGuy
Visiting Guest
gearing

what gear do you have in front? often with single speed bikes it's easier to just use a smaller chinring than try and fing a larger freewheel.

webcyclery has ENO freewheels in up to a 23, but they run about $80, probably better to just go smaller in front, you could probably go as low as a 34 for under $20.

Old 07-21-03, 12:08 PM
las
Visiting Guest
I don't mean freewheel...coaster brake

It's not a freewheel...the cog that you use on a coaster brake bicycle is not identified has a freewheel?I already have the 20t one but I see on the bicycle forums that there might be a 22t out there somewhere?I would be willing to buy a couple of those I've tried every where Nashbar,other cycle shops nothing..I mean in the 22t variety

Old 07-22-03, 04:04 AM
CampyGuy
Visiting Guest
i think i misunderstood, didn't realize it wasn't a freewheel.
maybe check out sheldonbrown.com, and aebike.com (or any other online sotre that has the QBP catalog).

good luck

Old 07-22-03, 06:36 AM
Precision Pedal
Visiting Guest

Depends on the hub. Shimano hubs have cogs available up to 21 and others have cogs available upto 22. Most local bike shops should nbe able to order these for you if they do not have them in stock.

Old 07-29-03, 12:22 PM
jcmjrt
Visiting Guest
You might want to try The Third Hand. They have tools and parts and might be able to help you.

Search this Thread