bike help/advice offered

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-04, 11:09 AM
supersteve
Visiting Guest
bike help/advice offered

I'm not a liscensed bike mechanic, but have 20 years in fixing them for the neighbourhood kids and my own kids, and building them from the ground up, including repainting. Any question you would like to ask me, please feel free to do so.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-04, 06:43 PM
will44
Visiting Guest
Help

Hey S-Steve Check rear derailleur replacement post. Could use any help with this problem

Old 05-18-04, 07:27 PM
satemp
Visiting Guest
I help removing rear gear from rim

I'm trying to build a bike for my little brother and I'm trying to remove the rear gear (sprocket?) and put it on another rim. I don't know how could you please help.
Thanks
Jeff

Old 05-18-04, 10:47 PM
Precision Pedal
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by satemp
I'm trying to build a bike for my little brother and I'm trying to remove the rear gear (sprocket?) and put it on another rim. I don't know how could you please help.
Thanks
Jeff
Well if it is a 20" wheel that has a single freewheel then you need a four prong freewheel removal tool. If is is a multi speed freewheel likewise you need the corresponding removal tool. If it is a multi speed cassette then you require a chain whip and lockring removal tool. Most BMX freewheels require the same tool. Suntour freewheels are different and require their own tool. Most cassettes use a standard chainwhip, and lockring removal. Exceptions are Campagnolo, which you more than likely do not need. Anyway your local bike shop (LBS) should be able to get or has any tool you may need.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread