Help dismantling integral gear shifter

Old 08-09-04, 11:26 AM
wotbus
Visiting Guest
Question Help dismantling integral gear shifter

I have been given a bike with an integral handlebar gear shifter (shifts both front and rear dérailler). Positions 1-11 are probably something like 1-3 rear sprocket,4 granny to middle ring,5-7 rear sprocket,8 middle to big ring and 10-11 rear. Sadly the bike has been neglected and the shifter is seized. I have removed what would appear to be the only securing screw but I am unable to dismantle further as I can't see how it comes apart. I think the make is SRAM, it has SYNCHRO SHIFT written on. Rear dérailler is SRAM Centera and front is Shimano Acera. Can anyone help please. Thanks in advance.

Old 08-09-04, 12:39 PM
wotbus
Visiting Guest
Update: Just been all over the SRAM/Sachs site and the Synchro Shift is not listed so perhaps it's Shimano. There is a grip shifter named Centera (like the rear dérailler) so this bike would appear to be a mix and match hypermarket job. Watch this space...

Old 08-09-04, 12:53 PM
wotbus
Visiting Guest
Hmmm - not Shimano either. My question now is: Who else makes bicycle components like grip-shifters?

Old 08-10-04, 02:24 AM
wotbus
Visiting Guest
OK - back to sleep everyone. It's made by EGS (www.e-g-s.com) if anyone is interested.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: