Help dismantling integral gear shifter

Old 08-09-04, 11:26 AM
wotbus
Visiting Guest
Question Help dismantling integral gear shifter

I have been given a bike with an integral handlebar gear shifter (shifts both front and rear dérailler). Positions 1-11 are probably something like 1-3 rear sprocket,4 granny to middle ring,5-7 rear sprocket,8 middle to big ring and 10-11 rear. Sadly the bike has been neglected and the shifter is seized. I have removed what would appear to be the only securing screw but I am unable to dismantle further as I can't see how it comes apart. I think the make is SRAM, it has SYNCHRO SHIFT written on. Rear dérailler is SRAM Centera and front is Shimano Acera. Can anyone help please. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-04, 12:39 PM
wotbus
Visiting Guest
Update: Just been all over the SRAM/Sachs site and the Synchro Shift is not listed so perhaps it's Shimano. There is a grip shifter named Centera (like the rear dérailler) so this bike would appear to be a mix and match hypermarket job. Watch this space...

Old 08-09-04, 12:53 PM
wotbus
Visiting Guest
Hmmm - not Shimano either. My question now is: Who else makes bicycle components like grip-shifters?

Old 08-10-04, 02:24 AM
wotbus
Visiting Guest
OK - back to sleep everyone. It's made by EGS (www.e-g-s.com) if anyone is interested.