Bicycle color?

Old 10-30-02, 01:47 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bicycle color?

Please excuse this question as it is not really a 'repair' issue but one of curiosity. I wasn't sure where else to ask it on the web.

Are there any 'older' (45 plus) folks out there? When I was a boy, nearly all bikes came in one of 2 colors: red or blue.
Maybe it was just in my part of the country but boys rode 'red' bikes and girls rode 'blue' bikes.

I am giving our old coasters to a neighbor's kid and he asked asked me 'why' the colors, and I didn't have an answer. I never thought of it before. It was just natural for boy's bikes to be red and girl's blue...the law of the universe.

Does anyone else remember this and know why the difference? Usually anything to do with boys was (is) blue.

Old 01-16-06, 10:31 AM
P
I don't remember that being the case in Michigan in the 1950's.

Old 01-16-06, 07:31 PM
F
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
what's wrong with you atrypa ? everybody knows red is faster than blue . and when you were pedeling that bad boy with a pair of Keds , you were untouuchable !

Old 01-17-06, 08:30 PM
D
color of bikes

The color of bikes now makes no difference wether a boy or girl rides them. Now there's bikes of every color which I would guess is what people want, a choice of colors. The only difference now in girls bikes is the frame is made different, a different shape. dave

Old 01-18-06, 06:58 AM
P
Originally Posted by davefrommd
The only difference now in girls bikes is the frame is made different, a different shape.
Boys and girls bikes were different shapes in the 1950s also. Or wasn't that what you meant?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: