Extreme BMX makeover

Old 06-02-06, 03:13 PM
Extreme BMX makeover

post removed

Last edited by larchy; 06-03-06 at 07:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-06, 04:40 AM
Finally a BMX post and he removed it.

Old 06-10-06, 06:28 AM
I got a little worked up about the title of the thread too, too bad the title is the only thing left.

On the topic of BMX makeovers, I have a project frame I'm working on. Kind of a customization, if you will. I flowed all of the frame joints together with duraglass to give the frame a carbon fiber look instead of looking like welded tubes. I may look for some old school low rise BMX bars and an apple crate type springer fork.
BMX frame custom cruiser, any suggestions?

Old 06-10-06, 06:51 AM
I picked up a full race oldschool GT at the Goodwill last year for $15 bucks. I felt like I hit the lottery.

The neighbor guy down the street has made a couple cruisers. He has like $7k in the one. They're pretty cool bike but I couldn't bring myself to hack up a good frame. Maybe one of the newer Mongoose or Scwinn frames. It's too bad they went to the department stores with them, that caused them to loose a lot of credibility as a true BMX bike.

Old 06-17-06, 07:05 AM
Mongoose and Schwinn are names only. Now they are no better than Huffy, or Murray, not that there's anything wrong with an affordable brand, they're just not going to last. Take a look at the construction of the department store "Schwinns and Mongooses", they lack the quality of their badges.