1/4 inch Ball and Foot Air Chuck

Old 07-25-06, 01:08 PM
Post 1/4 inch Ball and Foot Air Chuck

Hi,

My air compressor came with an air chuck and when I filled the compressor with air and put the air chuck on the tire nipple, the tire didn't inflate. I didn't hear any air moving. Then I took a screwdriver and poked the middle of the chuck to see if I could hear any air and I didn't hear anything. What's wrong??

Thanks,

sweetboy

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-06, 01:30 PM
Have you attached any other tools or attachments to the compressor? May just be a bad air chuck. I have one that is very tempermental but get air with a screwdriver like you tried. I would take the chuck back for replacement. Good luck.

Old 07-26-06, 12:22 PM
Thanks for replying! I bought a new chuck and it works fine. Don't know what happened, how a chuck goes bad, but oh well. Also, the tire pressure recommendations on the tires say 40-65 psi, does that consider the weight of the rider?? Should I just shoot for 50 psi??

Thanks,

sweetboy

Old 07-26-06, 01:16 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Neither fill the tire a bit hard which would be around 50, then ride it 20ft or so watch the tire. It should have a slight bulge when ride and not be rock hard.

Old 07-29-06, 07:38 AM
At 40 psi the tire will absorb small bumps for a more comfortable ride, at 65 psi the bumps will be harsher but you will have lower rolling resistence.

I weigh 150 and ride fairly aggresive cross country trails, I usually keep my tire pressure about 35 psi