Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Recreational Outdoor Activities > Biking and Bicycles
Reload this Page >

aarrggh! stupid rear wheel triangle gone wild!

Old 07-06-08, 02:04 AM

I took my rear wheel off to go fix a flat at my ma's house and when i got home the back tire didn't fit the same way anymore. The two sides of the rear triangle appear to be out of whack all the sudden. Is it possible the sucker warped while i was gone? It was warm and sunny when i left and maybe 6 or 7 degrees cooler when i got home tonight. Im also open to any advice on the replacing brake and transmission cables.
Sorry for my lack of terminology. Im new to fixing bikes but im enjoying although im banging my head against a wall so sto speak.

Last edited by notyetfood; 07-06-08 at 02:05 AM. Reason: forgot emoticon
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-08, 01:11 PM
This post is a few days old

...so I hope you've found an answer.

Taking a guess, here: by "rear triangle" do you mean the derailleur, which they chain runs through to meet up with the gear cluster?

And when you say "replace the brake and transmission cable" are you talking about putting them back into place? This was all caused by a tire removal, so replacing them (i.e., taking the old one off and putting a brand new one on) would not be necessary.

Please let us know how you're doing with this project.

Dave O