Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Recreational Outdoor Activities > Biking and Bicycles
Reload this Page >

how do you properly fix the bike brakes and gears for the shimono rapid fire combo

how do you properly fix the bike brakes and gears for the shimono rapid fire combo

Old 04-07-01, 09:11 AM
Visiting Guest
Smile

I have recently taken my bike apart and i was trying to get the brakes to work properly so that i wouldn't have to pull so far back on the brakes to use them. But what i didn't count on was the fact that they like to adjust themselves in wierd ways taking me 2 hours just to get them set on the rims correctly. Is there an easier way for a begginner on this type of braking system. As well when i took the bike apart i took the rear derailure off the bike along with the cable and since then havenot been able to get the smooth rapid firing shifting i used to have. It gets either sticky on the gear and takes a while now to shift or it just plain doesn't want to shift. Could anyone help me out thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-01, 12:22 PM
Visiting Guest
Oops!

Sounds like you got in over your head..........take it to the shop and have them repair your brake and shifting/derailleur systems.

Words to the wise........If you don't know what you are doing ask FIRST or do mess with it!