window in shower

Old 03-16-04, 02:42 AM
delaforet
Visiting Guest
window in shower

I am lost as to what to do. I currently updated my bathroom and have a window in my shower. I installed a window that has the textured glass. They neighbor is telling me he can still see in! What kind of blind or curtain can I put up that will work in a shower? I appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you!

Old 03-16-04, 07:14 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Does your window have that 'pebbled' look? If so, I suspect your neighbor can't really 'see' anything. They may see some movement, but that's probably all.

If you really have to have a curtain, some kind of plastic or vinyl is about your only option. I would hang it from one of those spring loaded expansion rods across the top of the window.

Old 03-18-04, 04:11 PM
bsis49
Visiting Guest
Window in shower

If you don't want to use a plastic window curtainyou can use sheer fabric. Sheer fabric will get wet but it also dries very quickly. The more sheer fabric you have the better. For example, I would buy 3 to 4 times the width of the window. If the window is 24" wide, the fabric (or panels) should measure (when flat) at least 72".

You could also use a faux wood blind. If you like the look of curtains, use both!

Old 04-02-04, 09:03 AM
5angel5
Visiting Guest
I had wondered the same thing...I want to use glass blocks instead of window though. Not sure how advantageous this would be for you to replace window with glass blocks, but you would not have the capability of opening for air passage, but may be a way to keep more private, while letting light in, without having to worry about curtains or blinds that may mildew over time, or require extra care.

Old 04-16-04, 12:27 PM
pondcrest
Visiting Guest
Shower window

You may want to try a window frosting kit. You would still see shapes but that's about all.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: