Vertical Blind Panels in reverse

Old 04-12-04, 12:32 PM
vennie sanford
Visiting Guest
Vertical Blind Panels in reverse

One of the panels in my vertical blinds has turned in the wrong direction. I am looking for information on how to repair it so that the blinds will close properly.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-04, 05:17 PM
Received 7 Votes on 7 Posts
There are different systems used by various manufacturers. Try pulling the chains (real hard) so that the vanes rotate first in one direction and then in the other.....or try holding the stem (the piece that the vane snaps into) while someone rotates the vanes. Some stems can be pushed up and rotated into the proper alignment. If the stem seems to flip back & forth freely, it's probably beyond repair.

Old 05-27-04, 01:32 AM
MartinDInstallr
Visiting Guest
I never recommend that you pull the chains real hard. This will usually just break one of the carriers that was working to begin with. If everything is in good shape to begin with then you should be able to grab the carrier (the part that the vane clips into) and rotate it to desired angle. You will need to use quite a bit of pressure to get the gear to jump. Sometimes these get out of wack and you can fix it in this way. If there is quite a bit of slop in it then you probably have a broken gear in the carrier itself. If it is a major brand then you should be able to get a new one but the headrail will need to be taken apart in order to replace it. This is best left to a professional as there are many small parts involved.

Old 08-16-04, 09:05 PM
jzito
Visiting Guest
Vertical Blinds Twisted

My son managed to twist two vanes of my vertical blinds in the wrong direction (he's not even 2!) and I can't get them to twist back. I e-mailed the company who told me to pull the cord really hard until I heard a click and they would realign. Did that and broke the pull chain.

Now I still have two misaligned vanes and a broken chain. How do I fix both of these problems?!?!?