Bamboo Blinds, Help!

Old 08-08-04, 08:07 PM
michelle_shell
Visiting Guest
Question Bamboo Blinds, Help!

So, I kind of screwed up, and didn't read the instructions for installing my blinds, from the very beginning. I got them installed ok, with one exception. The cords that are supposed to roll up the blinds came completely untied. So now I am stuck with two very very long cords and no way to roll up these 72" long blinds. I can tie them so that the blind will move up, but it looks dreadfully awful. I would really like to be able to tie them so that they roll up like the picture suggests they should. They're called Ambria Naturals, they're matchstick bamboo roll-up shades, and they have a built in valance. Any suggestions would be very very much appreciated and if I left out any useful information please let me know and I'll try to provide the info. Thanks...

Michelle

Last edited by Annette; 08-10-04 at 10:04 AM. Reason: please keep replies within the forums so all may benefit-thx!
Old 08-16-04, 10:26 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
unless one of the installers around here answers you, i'd call the company or go to their website & ask them.

Old 08-30-04, 08:38 AM
W
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
If I could see them I would be able to help you further. It would be very easy to do ( for a professional ) . This forum doesnt allow you to contact me directly but would love to help.

Old 08-30-04, 08:45 AM
if she has a picture, she can email it to you, since you can't post pictures here (for the time being, anyway). but then, please answer her publicly so everyone can benefit.

thanks!

Old 08-30-04, 04:13 PM
W
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Thumbs down Solicitations to market products not allowed

My email address is : xxxxxxxxxxxxx@bellsouth.net

Forum Monitors Note:
This thread has been edited.

Ads, Advertisements, Email Addresses and or Solicitations to market products, services or to hire person(s) to perform work is not allowed in the forum topics. There Are No Exceptions.

Members posting any of the above or similar, anywhere on the web site are doing so in violations to the policy and are subjected to suspension or banning.

No topics are to be used for personal gain using any method. Allowing any of the above degrades the entire web site for all concerned parties. Read the forum sticky note for additional detailed information.

Sincerely,
Robert Horning.
Web Site Administrator.
Sharp Advice.
Web Site Host, Forums Monitor & Multiple Topics Moderator.

Last edited by Sharp Advice; 08-30-04 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Solicitations to market products & or services
Old 09-28-04, 11:43 AM
petemoss
Visiting Guest
...Re-tie / Re-thread the cords?

What you could do is purchase another of the same blind, carefully unroll it on a flat surface to see how the cords are threaded and tied, and then
1) take down and unroll your blind and re-thread / re-tie the cords using the new blind as a model. If you were able to successfully fix the problem, you can pack up your 'model' blind and return it. If you couldn't successfully fix the problem, then
2) carefully hang up your model blind. Pack up the one with the untied cords, and return it for credit.

Old 09-28-04, 11:48 AM
if she's so inclined to do #2, why bother with #1???

if they're not custom blinds, they'd probably take them back anyway, without the deceit.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: