Vertical blinds hard to pull open

Old 09-22-04, 05:48 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Vertical blinds hard to pull open

I have levolor vertical blinds in front of the glass slider. The blinds are about 6 months old and are now really difficult to pull closed. I make sure that all the vanes are in the same direction but it's still really difficult. I'm afraid I'm going to break the "stick" that I use to close them. I've sprayed the track with WD-40 but that only lasts for a couple of weeks and then it goes back to being really difficult. Any suggestions on how I can grease/oil the track?

Old 09-22-04, 09:25 PM
W
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I would take the blind down and take all slats off of it and try working it on the ground with no vanes. then examine the blind where is it sticking what is interfering with the operation
Is any thing broken??
Is any thing hanging out or sticking out
turn it up side down and spray wd-40 in headrail and allow to dry
work blind after allowing to dry
Something or somewhere is holding the Blind from operating
Are the brackets level???
Let me know if this helps
Also look at the end of the blind where the cord loops
look for hang ups

Last edited by WindowSolutions; 09-22-04 at 09:41 PM.
Old 09-23-04, 01:03 PM
N
I checked and the blinds are level. I did as you suggested and couldn't really see anything that was wrong. I sprayed with WD-40 and it seems to be better for now. Is there a better grease/oil that I can use WD-40 doesn't last long.

Old 09-23-04, 04:05 PM
Received 12 Votes on 11 Posts
It should not be necessary to lubricate a track that's only 6 months old. In my 25 years of installing Vertical Blinds they never needed lubrication. You should be looking for problems as suggested by WindowSolutions. Remember that Levolor tracks have a lifetime warranty.

Old 09-24-04, 04:23 AM
N
I went through the blinds again with my husband and there is definately nothing broken. I'm going to call Levolor today and see if they have an answer.

Old 10-15-04, 09:29 PM
x2exercise
Visiting Guest
Smile verticals hard to open

I found that when opening and closing verticals, pulling them over the door they should be in the open position completely straight, never try pulling them open or closed when in the closed position. You might already open them all the way before moving them but just a suggestion.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: