plantation shutters slat size

Old 09-29-04, 07:07 AM
giny99
Visiting Guest
plantation shutters slat size

I am wondering if the 4 1/2 in slats are too large for cetain windows? Someone told me they stick out far and are made for special windows.
I have sliding glass doors and 2 other windows in my living area that I would like to have shutters on. I want to get all the light I can in and seems 4 1/2 would do that.

Old 09-29-04, 09:49 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
i think they need to be in proportion. to use 4 1/2" shutters, the window needs to be pretty large, or at least pretty tall, if they're on the skinny side. you need to have enough depth in your window frame to accommodate them when they're opened fully (horizontally) which is 4 1/2". you could mount them toward the room-side of the frame to gain maximum clearance, but just know that when they're open, they'll protrude out beyond the window frame (which might be fine).

how deep are your window openings? and how are you putting them on sliding glass doors??

Old 10-15-04, 06:32 AM
kevinc
Visiting Guest
We added the 4 1/2" plantation shutters to our house and love them. Our window panels are about 4' x 8', and the proportion works great. It definitely brings a "southern" feel to the house, and we get compliments all the time!

Last edited by Annette; 10-15-04 at 06:43 AM. Reason: removed signature/no ads allowed/no links in signatures

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: