How to replace one panel in decorative panel Blinds..

Old 10-03-04, 08:20 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to replace one panel in decorative panel Blinds..

We have the decorative straight vinyl blinds that are attached to a plastic sleeve that rotates so the blind could be faced either front side or rear side. You would also rotate the blinds sideways so you can then pull on the pulley string and draw the blinds to the side of the window fixture.

Problem: One of the Blinds would not rotate as the others did, and we ended up breaking the top of the blind ( slot that fits over the plastic hub that slides is now broken.) So of course being broken was easy enough to replace, by sliding the new blind panel into place., But we soon realized the blind was on backwards and now needs to be taken off and put back on again.

How can the blind be taken off the plastic hub??? Do you have to bend back the plastic tabs on both sides to be able to release the blind? If so I am afraid I will break the hub's tab.

Last edited by ttodd; 10-03-04 at 08:21 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-04-04, 08:52 AM
Received 12 Votes on 11 Posts
Try slipping a credit card straight up into the plastic piece along side the vane you replaced and pull down on the vane. Try this this on each side since one side will allow the vane to slip down easily.

Old 10-04-04, 12:38 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
credit card was too thick, but did try some hard cardboard sleeve from a package, that I cut in two pieces to slip in, and one side slipped in, but now it was not any room left for the other side.

there must be an easier way..

Will check with my local dealer in town, as I also find that one of the blinds does not turn with the others..

Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: