Vertical blinds - chain quit working

Old 10-05-04, 07:27 AM
Sylvia
Visiting Guest
Vertical blinds - chain quit working

The chain to turn the blinds quit last night. Any suggestions? The blinds are several years old but have always been used carefully and still look like new. The chain now just pulls (stiffly) without turning the blinds.

How do you fix this?

Old 11-28-04, 01:38 PM
hoover
Visiting Guest
TTT: please help us solve this

I too have a chain that refuses to open the verticals. I have taken the end pin out and can't seem to force the cam to budge. both my plastic end pieces are in place. I'm new to blind repair...help, me please

Old 01-15-05, 07:04 PM
B
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Broken Vertical ='s trash

Verticals are not worth the time and/or money it takes to fix them. I have owned xxxxxxxxx for over 5 years and we have gotten to the point where we dont even attempt to do vertical repair. It is just not worth it.

Last edited by GregH; 01-15-05 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Advertising not permitted
Old 03-09-05, 07:36 PM
InstallerKD
Visiting Guest
Sounds the tilter has dried out . Last resort ,,,spray (use a paper towel to catch off spray) with clear silicone ..pick-up at any auto store ,, spray a little inside where the rod turns . At the end where the chian is routed ,,you may not have much acccess . Good practice to be careful with all window treatments . Try not to get any spray on your cords and chain . May take a few tries to reach inside that tilter housing ....May need to find sales info , order part per installer . 2 people can remove and replace ..requires removal of Valance , all vanes by carefuly spreading apart the carrier/stem to remove vanes .. Most likely these are delicate ...do not over spread . Remove cord from hold down brackets / tention pulley . Remove track . You bwill see 2 screws loosen ..do not need to remove these screws ...the hardest is to remove the star nut at the opposite end ...these alway break when removing ..wear safety glasses....This star nut you will want to prder with tilter . Now ,, slide out tilter keep chain link far from housing like at the bottom of loop if itv is a loop ..some will be 2 pull chains instead .. Replace tilter make sure pull chain is even . Set the tilter end against a solid surface as the star nut (( Push nut )) actualy ...will be lightly pounded onto the rod .,,and while pounding will push the tilter out ...having all the carriers spread across the track will help secure the rod .

Last edited by Annette; 03-10-05 at 11:39 AM. Reason: removed quote

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: