Installing Patio blinds with outside mount and drywall anchors?

Old 10-18-04, 10:45 AM
knightws6
Visiting Guest
Installing Patio blinds with outside mount and drywall anchors?

I have a question about installing patio blinds with outboard mounts on a patio door. I had trouble using a drywall anchor at a location right above the patio door(just above the external wood trim and 3 inches inward from the left edge end of the wood trim. For newer houses are there typically wood studs of any kind behind the drywall just above the patio door at various points?

I used a stud-finder and it registered but it registered different than it normally does when I search for studs along other walls, so I'm not 100% sure. I never used a drywall anchor before and I'm wondering if i had trouble with it because there was a stud where I was trying to use it(which was still a little close to the end). Are drywall anchors easy to install for a novice? Thanks for any responses.

Last edited by knightws6; 10-18-04 at 10:58 AM.
Old 10-19-04, 09:25 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
if, when you attempted to drill the pilot hole for the anchor, you hit a stud, then just screw right into the stud (even better than using an anchor).

drywall anchors are very easy to use. you drill a hole into the drywall, gently hammer in the plastic anchor, and drive the screw into the anchor.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: