blinds/shades for sliding door

Old 12-02-04, 05:29 PM
chadl
Visiting Guest
blinds/shades for sliding door

I have a sliding glass door but instead of the usual 2 windows I have 3 and the middle one slides from left to right.

I want to put some new blinds/drapes/shades (whatever) and take the old vertical blinds (which we do not want vertical blinds anymore) off. Should I do a Honeycomb shade or something similiar? I would need 3 different ones (Left, Middle, Right) would it look funny when they are all closed? Should I overlap the Left and Right ones a little over the middle shade???

Sorry, I'm so clueless.

Also, should I contact the companies themselves or buy online through a discounted site? I dont want to go through a box store like HD but would they have the cheapest prices?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

edited for more info

Last edited by chadl; 12-06-04 at 05:42 AM. Reason: change of title
Old 12-06-04, 10:15 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
if your doors have enough clearance when one is slid over the other, do whatever type of blind you want. a honeycomb shade is either up or down, whereas a mini blind will allow you more light control. i'm not sure why/how you could overlap them - i wouldn't. they won't look funny when closed - they'll look like 3 windows. since you're "clueless", i'd at least go to a local store (big box or otherwise) and talk to a human & see the different products on display to educate yourself. then it's up to you if you want to order locally or online. if you won't be able to install them yourself, you might want to keep it local & use an installer.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: