Privacy liners for matchstick blinds

Old 12-03-04, 07:37 PM
fannyd
Visiting Guest
Privacy liners for matchstick blinds

Hi there,

We recently purchased Bali matchstick blinds and were shocked to see the lack of privacy at night.

Unfortunately we were not advised to get the privacy liners and have been told by Bali and the home improvement store where we purchased them that nothing can be done now. Also, due to the fact they were made to fit our windows, they can't be returned.

Does anyone have any ideas? I know we could add tinting to the windows but doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of having blinds?

I guess we were trying to figure out if any type of privacy liner could be added now and how to do it.

Thank you very much.

Old 12-06-04, 10:10 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
are your windows deep enough that you could mount a simple roller shade behind them?

Old 03-17-05, 05:27 PM
tessaduncan
Visiting Guest
I made my own liners out of muslin. I hemmed it & hot-glued it along the top. I then had to unstring/re-string & make holes for the cords - lining them up was a real pain. If you try it, hang the blinds when you're marking the holes. I originally laid mine out on a flat surface only to find they were off about half-inch when hanging (darn that gravity!)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: