fixing roller blinds to tiled wall

Old 12-05-04, 04:05 PM
zafod37
Visiting Guest
fixing roller blinds to tiled wall

I want to install a roller blind at the bathroom window, the window is upvc and is recesed into the wall, which means the blinds will have to be fixed at the ends of the pole. How do I drill through the tiles without cracking them?
I would be grateful for any help.
One other thought, is there such thing as rollerblinds with a tension pole?

Old 12-05-04, 04:24 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You can mark the location of the holes to be drilled, then use a hammer and a centerpunch to gently break the glaze, read glaze only, and drill through the tile with a masonry bit. WEAR SAFETY GLASSES.

Old 12-06-04, 08:16 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I wonder if the brackets could be fixed in place with silicone rubber-no drilling. If when it is cured it seems "not secure enough" you can always take it off and drill then. If you can't really pull it off or move it I think it will hold the shade with no holes. If you decide to drill try some masking tape. Put it on the tile where the bracket will go and mark for the screw holes. It helps stop the drill bit from traveling. If it don't work use the center punch[if you have one] but be careful and do it on an angle not straight on. Just a thought

Make sure the tile is completely clean if you go with the silicone. And since you were thiking of a spring laded rod this would be much more secure imho

Old 12-13-04, 03:33 PM
zafod37
Visiting Guest
Cool fixing blinds to tiled wall result

Thanks for the sugestions on how to fix the blinds to the tiled wall in my bathroom. I thought you would like to know that I used a product called 'no more nails' which claims to stick almost everything. I assembled the blind, applied the product to the brackets, then put the whole assembly on the wall. I braced the blind against the wall with a couple of batons and left it for 24 hours. The blind is up and working well.
Just thought you all should know.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: