Roller blinds help

Old 12-08-04, 08:51 AM
zafod37
Visiting Guest
Cool Roller blinds help

My bathroom window measures 46 1/4 inches wide, I dont have a great deal of cash so I want to put up a roller blind. The problem is that the nearest width of blind I can get is 47 inches. I want to know if it is possible to cut the pole down to size. I asked the store assistants today, but all they could do was shrug and say "I dont know".
So I would be grateful if someone could tell me if this is possible as I dont want to buy them just to find that I have wasted my money, (although I could always re-sell them on ebay).
Thanks yall.

Old 12-08-04, 09:43 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
there is a cut-to-fit adjustable roller shade. it's pre-scored in 1/4" increments on one side. and it's un-adhered on one side. you tear off the excess width. then you pull off the backing & stick it down onto the telescoping pole, which you adjust to whatever width you're needed. voila! instant customized shade. and not expensive.

i think i've found them at my local humongous discount store....Wallysomethingorother..........

Old 12-08-04, 10:48 AM
zafod37
Visiting Guest
I live in uk though, i havent seen that store over here.

Old 12-08-04, 11:12 AM
oh, sorry. you didn't list your Location in your Profile so i wouldn't have known that. i'm here in the US so i guess i can't help you. i don't remember the exact brand name, just that i got them at Wal-Mart. maybe if you just ask around for the type of shade i've described, someone will know about them. what type of store were you in where the assistant just shrugged? was it just a hardware-type store? if so, you might get better help at a more specialized window treatment / decorating store.

try surfing the net for "cut to fit roller shade" or something similar.

Old 12-08-04, 07:55 PM
T
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
The roller blinds were popular here in the U.S. years ago when I was a kid. At the store where you purchased them they removed the metal cap on the end and placed the blind in a machine that scored and cut through both the blind and the wooden dowel at the same time. Then they replaced the metal cap and rewound the blind.

I have also seen 'external' mounts for this type of blind. I don't know if they still make those.

Old 12-19-04, 06:01 AM
K
It is the old type spring roll-up window blind.

Old 06-10-05, 01:37 AM
M
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
yes

yes u can cut the roller shade down to any size you want. all u need to do is take out he plastic insert from the one side. then measure ur roller shade. then you want cut it with a circular saw or a hacksaw or anything u want to. then after that is cut plug back in the plastic insert.

***********NO ADVERTISING OR SOLICITING IN THE FORUMS!!!! this post has been edited.

Last edited by Annette; 06-10-05 at 07:46 AM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: