Hunter Douglas Powerrise Blinds "Silhouette"

Old 12-19-04, 06:59 PM
Sawdustguy
Visiting Guest
Hunter Douglas Powerrise Blinds "Silhouette"

Just wondering if anyone has these and if so, are they really worth the money.

I have two windows that are almost 7' wide by 5' high in my living room. "One on top of another". I have 17ft high ceilings.

I don't think any other type of treatment will work as I want them to be semetrical and easy to open and close. Obviously, I'm not going to pull out a ladder every time I need to open and close it.

I found a lady who does window treatments for a living and wants $850.00 per window "Installed".

How does the price sound? It's cheaper than some "Blind" Stores and a big box store. They want about $1,100 per window.

Old 12-20-04, 12:33 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Motorized blinds

i don't have a price book, but if you've checked a blinds store and a big box, and her price was lower, i say go for it. a motorized blind is what you need for high windows, so i'd say you've found what you need.

post back when you've got them installed & let US know how YOU like them!

Old 12-20-04, 04:08 PM
Sawdustguy
Visiting Guest
Thanks annette

The thing that bothers me is that she doesn't offer any type of warranty, except "Her Word". She came highly recommended by the sales consultant in the community where I just had a house built. He said, she has done his whole house and many others with no problems.

Old 12-21-04, 06:20 AM
if she's selling you Hunter Douglas blinds, you'll have the HD warranty. just like if you bought HD blinds anywhere, it's the HD company that you'd deal with if a problem came up, not the store where you bought them. i think you'll be fine.

Old 01-15-05, 06:55 PM
B
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Thumbs down Hunter Douglas is good but there are other ways

Have you ever heard ofxxxxxxxxxx? They are the off brand of xxxxxxxxxxxxx and run about 60% in cost. Silhouettes are crazy expensive! If you have more questions on a similar product for less, you can email me at xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by GregH; 01-15-05 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Advertising not permitted
Old 03-09-05, 07:19 PM
InstallerKD
Visiting Guest
These re battery operated , be sure to have a battery pack ..not batteries built into headrail if you want easier access to replace batteries ..It requires small cord to run down the casemet though . A carpenter will make wood conduit to cover . Batteries in headrail will require a taller ladder for access wrather a battery pack will be mounted anywhere to about 15' ...usualy they are mounted on sill inside casement . Come in white only . Prime and paint ? They work well ..very nice ...Strong shade ...If you get a fly in them ,, simply blow through the sheer and it will shoot out . Do not use fingers ...Keep these Silhouettes clean and dusted often ..they will look nice until dust settles and get moist and turns to a muddy looking sheer ... ..I like the loop cord ..make sure cord is ordered to your specification ...Use this loop cord operation slowly..very slow with silhouettes....up and down ..

Last edited by Annette; 03-10-05 at 11:40 AM. Reason: removed quote

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: