Decorative window films

Old 02-04-00, 10:17 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

I'm looking for a source for decorative window film. I have one bathroom window which I would like to do for privacy. I don't want to do anything permanent. Iknow that 3M makes some of these, but I'm having a hard time locating any kind of selection. Any ideas?
Old 02-05-00, 05:19 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

Hi Lisa, have you tried your local glass company, they usually hold a stock of film to apply to window glass, we do it where I work here in the UK, if you need more help just let me know, I hope this helps a little, Handyman...

Remember that your eyes are your windows on the world, so protect them!!
Old 02-05-00, 06:18 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

Lisa - If you are talking about the frosted films that are clear - they are usually in the contact paper section.
There is also a process in which you can run lines with a liquid "solder" look and color in the sections to achieve a stained glass look. There products are usually at most craft stores -eg. Hobby Lobby - Michaels - Franks
You could also think about using a handmade paper. Great selection available at art supple stores or online at
These can be put up with egg white - wall paper paste or liquid starch and peeled off later. If you go this route - please seal the edges with clear silicon and make sure you bathroom doesn't have an extrodinary about of steam.
Be creative and most of all have fun!!
Sam Parcels


Last edited by Annette; 03-07-05 at 10:02 AM. Reason: removed website address
Old 02-07-00, 08:58 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

Thank you. I'll definitely check our local glass shops. I looked through the home depot shop here, but no luck.

Don't think I'm talented enough to be trying to do the leading myself to make it come out nice.

Thanks for all your help. It's greatly appreciated! :^)
Old 03-05-05, 08:37 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
There is a huge selection at glass decor and more.
Old 03-09-05, 06:33 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
another idea

Yellow Pages ...look for 'Window Treatments' for a 'Mylar Shade' These are mounted like a roller shade . You can get this with a bead chain for easy operation . Or Order as a regular roller shade . They came in Smoked , reflective , bronze colours .

Last edited by Annette; 03-10-05 at 11:56 AM. Reason: removed quote/rephrased to make sense
Old 06-13-05, 06:33 AM
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 67
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I've seen tons of this at Michael's thinking about using it on my kitchen windows if I can find something I like and that suits....

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: