How do you restore pleats in pleated shades

Old 04-13-05, 11:11 AM
JuanineD
Visiting Guest
Question How do you restore pleats in pleated shades

I have day-night shades in my motorhome. I suspect the sun has caused the pleats to relax. Does anyone know a good way to restore the pleats so they will fold up nicely again?

Old 04-26-05, 06:32 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
sorry - i guess no one knows! you might, if you haven't already, call the manufacturer & ask them. i've heard that if you leave pleated shades down more often than pulled up, they do that. maybe you could pull them up nice & tight & leave them that way for several days. then they'd get creased again???

sorry!

Old 04-28-05, 04:37 PM
K
I think Annette's on the right track. You know how after a magazine gets damp each page keeps the shape it dried in? So bind your shades tight and stow them in the bathroom for a week of shower steam. Then let dry. Unbound, they should "remember" for a while. You could treat them in place with a kettle, too.

Old 06-13-05, 06:24 AM
N
I think the "refolding and binding" trick would really work. Maybe try spraying with spray starch afterwards to keep them creased longer??

Old 06-16-05, 05:15 PM
S
I work for a blind cleaning and repair place, they suggest drawing the shade up (not too tight though) and leaving it for a few days in order to get the pleats back. To maintain them, pull the shade up once a week and leave it for a few hours. There should not be a need for bathroom steam or starch. Good luck

Old 06-16-05, 11:39 PM
K
Thanks sfree66. So JuanineD needn't raise the shades when she showers?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: